Welcome to Franklin.
I’m a traveling knitting cook. Here we are in Andermatt, Switzerland, about 4 years ago. I wish I still had that sweater, but I left it in Zurich.
I earn my keep writing. I spent the better part of 20 years in ad agency creative departments writing radio and tv commericals, newspaper ads, brochures, billboards and whatever else was needed. Today I work for a good-sized university. Most of the writing I do now is governed by arcane style guides that often contradict themselves. Not a lot of room for humor or imagination. It’s pretty much the antithesis of an ad agency, but more secure.
Here are a few other tidbits:
- I am left-handed
- I have been married for almost 30 years (see photo above)
- I out-putted a PGA star on a tv commercial shoot once
- I worked for NBC News in Little Rock when Clinton was elected in 1992
- I live in the same small town my family has lived in since the early 1800s
- I am a cancer survivor
- I don’t know what all the light switches in my house are for
- I don’t have ANY gray hair
- I am the world’s worst housekeepper
- I can make a cheese souffle but not ice tea
- I LOVE the Tennessee Volunteers and have my Smoky doll in my lap during close games
- I am actually quite shy and hide from people in the grocery store
- I can knit just about anything