Here are UB’s questions and my answers.
1. George Bush. Lindsay Lohan. Dick Cheney. You have to sleep with one, marry one and kill one.
I’m going to marry George for the simple reason that he is rich. I’m going to sleep with Lindsay because I always did like The Parent Trap. That means I have to kill Dick Cheney. But I’m going to deny ever saying so.
2. Would you prefer a comfortable relationship that was passionless or a torrid affair that’s riddled with angst and uncertainty?
I don’t function well with angst and anxiety. Plus, passion can grow from comfort.
3. What is your drink of choice?
Truly, it depends on the time of day. First thing in the morning, coffee with hot skim milk. I’ll chase that with Diet Pepsi. For cocktails I usually choose a nice hoppy beer or pinot grigio. Ah screw it, it’s beer. No matter the time of day.
4. Would you rather work an interesting job that was low-paying and be under constant financial duress, or have a comfortable lifestyle with a job that wasn’t very satisfying (but not a nightmare)?
Man, I am so shallow. Give me the $$-especially if the job isn’t a nightmare. It’s just a job.
5. You are boarding a plane tomorrow morning. Where are you going?
Ohhh….now you’re talking. Probably Argentina–it seems to be next on the travel agenda. But I’m not going anywhere exotic until I get my new passport.
6. What was the last piece of music you purchased?
Just downloaded that Train song in the commercials–Soul Sister. Again, how shallow can I be, getting music from tv commercials.
7. If a book isn’t working for you, do you hang on hoping for redemption or bail out?
I bail in a New York minute. My most famous bail was The Kite Runner–a book everyone I know adores. Just didn’t float my boat.
8. Is it easy for you to admit when you’re wrong? Let’s be honest here.
How would I know? 🙂
9. Do you think fame is a useful tool or more trouble than it’s worth? If it came knocking on your door, would you open it?
Around here famous people are pretty much left alone. I think it’s definitely a useful tool for raising awareness and channeling funds to people who need them.
10. Fill in the blank. I wish my parents had not smoked.
Now I choose 6 people to answer the following questions. If you’d rather not, no biggie. My choices are:
Ellie at The Daily Smoke
Elise at SinPatalones
Ginny at Praying to Darwin
Hmmmm…no men. Too bad.
Here are the questions:
1. You have magical powers and can go back in time to the concert of your choice. Who is it?
2. You must choose between two candidates to be Ruler of the World. One is a cat. One is a dog. Who do you vote for and why?
3. Mountains or beach?
4. Are you interested at all in the local politics where you live, or do you only pay attention in national elections?
5. You have the opportunity to tell off the person you most despise without any repercussions. Do you? Who is it?
6. Do you have too much stuff or not enough stuff?
7. The house is on fire. What do you grab first (excluding people and pets)?
8. What place in the world would you visit again and again?
9. Do you ALWAYS answer the phone, or just let it ring?
10. Does your family know about your blog?
There you go. Have at it.