This time tomorrow I’ll be on my way to Manchester, England with two other adults and 8 kids, all 17 years old. We’ll be gone 12 days and I really should be packing right now. But I couldn’t resist the idea of a list.
What I’ll Miss
- Husband, of course. Especially since he’s been in Buenos Aires since last Wednesday. His plane lands in Nashville 5 minutes after mine takes off.
- Privacy. We’re staying at retreat houses for the most part and that means shared bathrooms in some cases. I do have my own room though for most of the time.
- Large diet cokes with lime from Sonic.
- Ice. I’ve given up trying to figure out why they think it’s so damned valuable.
- The U.S. Open golf tournament…really want to see Tiger tame on Bethpage Black like he did a few years ago.
- TV in general.
- Cooking. I really like to cook. Maybe some of the places will let me help.
- Connectivity…no more 24-hour access, though there may be a blog or two.
What I Won’t Miss
- Work. Not for a single second.
- The 95 degree heat that’s predicted for Nashville tomorrow
- Worrying about what to pack…that’ll all be done
- Finding random piles of feathers and entrails courtesy of the cat
- Did I mention the heat?
And If, Perchance, You’re Missing Me….check out our Pilgrim’s blog.