Our recent trip to the Keys was way too brief, so we only took carry-on luggage on the plane. You know the security rules…take off your shoes. No drinks unless you buy them at the gate. All toiletries in a sandwich-sized baggie.
I always fudge on the baggie size. There’s no way I can put everything I need for four days in the same size baggie I use to carry my lunchtime tunafish sandwich. To wit:
- Shampoo guaranteed to make my hair seem thicker
- Conditioner guaranteed to work in tandem with said shampoo to make my hair seem thicker
- Styling gel
- Other styling gel
- Hair spray
- Other hair spray
- Tiny tube of toothpaste I found under the sink the night before we left
- Contact lens solution
- Eye drops for when contacts get sand in them
- Contact lens container
- body lotion
- face lotion
- face lotion that’s tinted to look like foundation
- deodorant–I’m always a little fuzzy on this one–it’s solid in the container, but goes on kind of like lotion.
Here’s what husband had in his (regulation-sized) baggie:
- shaving cream
The funny thing is, I’m really a low-maintenance kind of girl. Those things are just basics. And I need them all whether I’m gone for one night or 20. So for you men out there who roll your eyes at your wife’s luggage–lay off. Shes doing the best she can.
And, if she’s like me, she’s just on a life-long quest for thick hair.