- You wouldn’t understand why a Georgia fan feels like crawling into bed tonight and never coming out.
- You wouldn’t understand why an Alabama fan is walking on air–and why an Auburn fan is just glad the season is over.
- You wouldn’t understand why a South Carolina fan is confused about their quarterback situation when Spurrier is their coach.
- You wouldn’t understand why Ole Miss and Arkansas are excited about the future. And why Mississippi State is looking for a new coach.
- You wouldn’t understand Florida’s excellence–and how LSU can go from National Champ to just average in just one year.
- You wouldn’t understand why Kentucky prefers basketball.
- You wouldn’t understand why Vandy almost never wins in November.
- Andyou wouldn’t understand why I cried watching Phillip Fulmer win his 152nd–and last–game at Tennessee.
They say that football isn’t just a sport in the South, but a religion. I wouldn’t go that far, but it’s close.
We’ll have a new coach on the Hill come Monday. Here’s hoping he comes to love and understand all things Tennessee like Fulmer did.
Because there’s alot more to SEC football than Xs and Os.